For job inquiries, please email me at Caitlin.Abber@gmail.com
• Mastery of all OS X and MS Office Suites
• Outstanding knowledge of Social Networking websites, rhetoric, and opportunities (this includes Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, and various blogging platforms).
• Proficient in Final Cut Pro, Adobe CS4, Audacity, and ProTools
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of fundraising and marketing techniques
• Proven success in online campaigning and media outreach
• Proficient HTML and CSS skills
• Upbeat personality and sunny disposition
The New School (New York, NY) January 2009-Present
Part time Graduate Student pursuing Masters in Media Studies with a focus in New Media Theory and Media Management
Hofstra University Hempstead, New York
Bachelor of Arts Graduated May 2006
Poor Magazine (San Francisco, CA) 2009
Intern and Assistant Editor
• Researched, wrote, and published articles written for and about the homeless population of the Bay Area.
• Facilitated interviews, copy edited articles, and collaborated on projects with homeless and mentally disabled storytellers.
826 Valencia (San Francisco, CA) 2008
Volunteer Support Staff
• Assisted in tutoring, supervising, and socializing with students of various ages and diverse backgrounds.
• Organized reading/writing groups to support literacy, reading, and contextualization skills.
• Helped plan events, including fundraisers and team building exercises.
PageMage.com (Redwood City, CA) 2008
• Supplied original content to startup website.
• Posted multiple items to daily blog
• Utilized working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Mac Applications
• Managed graphic design production
Intrax Exchange (San Francisco, CA) 2007
Front Desk Administrative Assistant
• Provided a professional but personable demeanor for guests, clients, and coworkers
• Multi-tasked data entry, clerical work, reception, and phones